The Dallas Morning News is offering a new feature for foodies: direct access to the latest restaurant news in Dallas-Fort Worth, sent as a text message.
Sign up here and you’ll get a text when food reporter Sarah Blaskovich posts breaking news. Or, when she has tips about where to eat in North Texas. Or, when she’s got an idea for a restaurant story and wants your input.
Basically, this will be the closest way to cozy up with Dallas’ most delicious news stories.
And because the conversations will take place via text, you can actually text Blaskovich back. (And she’ll probably answer!) Feel free to ask her questions about the state of the Dallas restaurant industry. Or where you should grab lunch. There are two rules: Tell her what neighborhood you’re looking at and what kind of food you like. There are too many restaurants to choose from otherwise.
You can expect one or two texts a week — always about food.
Sign up here:
Thanks for being a fan. Have you followed us on other platforms?
- Sign up for the Restaurant News newsletter, a free email that comes out on Mondays and focuses on restaurant openings, closings and trends.
- We also have our Eat Drink D-FW newsletter that comes out on Wednesdays and is focused on cooking, events and drinks. It’s a delicious one; sign up here.
- Follow reporter Sarah Blaskovich and food editor Erin Booke on Twitter.
- Follow DMN Food — a hub where you’ll find all the food stories from the Dallas Morning News food team — on Facebook and Twitter.
- We also have a Facebook group called Nourish Texas, where members share recipes, cooking tips, gardening tips and other things to nourish your body and soul.
- Become a Dallas Morning News member! Your membership dollars support local journalism directly. There are all kinds of perks, including access to special events with chefs. And, by becoming a member, you won’t get that pesky pop-up screen after you’ve read a few stories on dallasnews.com. If you’re hitting the pop-up screen, you’ve probably enjoyed our content at least a few times recently, just sayin’. Would you consider supporting us? We’re working tirelessly to bring you the best food news in the region.