Dishing on her diet! Jenna Dewan sticks to a vegan or vegetarian eating regimen that includes plenty of healthy meals and snacks, with the occasional indulgence thrown in.
“I believe in eating 80/20,” the Flirty Dancing host, 39, said on Wednesday, August 26, while promoting her Renew Life probiotics partnership. “I do 80 percent as healthy as possible — vegetarian and vegan, as healthy as I can.”
While she eats nutritious foods like “lots of vegetables and lots of smoothies” the majority of the time, Dewan noted the other 20 percent of her meals aren’t quite as healthy. “And then 20 percent I’m eating Mexican food if I want it,” she declared. “You know, I’ve gotta be able to indulge and have a glass of wine and feel good in that way, so that helps me not be so strict and so focused in one way.”
As the Resident star alluded to, the 80/20 diet, which also counts Kristin Cavallari and Olivia Munn as fans, focuses on eating healthfully 80 percent of the time and eating what you want during the other 20 percent.
At the start of each day, the Gracefully You author has a “whole routine” that she sticks to that involves a cleansing beverage and spending time with her son with fiancé Steve Kazee, 5-month-old Callum. “I wake up, I go downstairs, I have my baby … we kinda, like, roll out of bed together [and] I get my supplements for the morning,” she explained. While Dewan said she takes her supplements on an empty stomach, she does wash them down with a soothing hot cup of water with lemon.
“I love healthy living,” the Step Up star added. “I’ve taken quite a lot of supplements, I make quite a lot of smoothies. “I’m, like, really about trying to keep myself in balance and healthy as much as possible.”
Aside from eating well, Dewan noted that meditation has been “another game changer” in her life, especially since things have been particularly hectic for the Witches of East End alum in coronavirus quarantine. “I do breathwork meditation, I do [transcendental meditation] style mantras, I do lots of things that sort of bring me back to a place of connection with myself,” she said.
In addition to Callum, the Connecticut native shares 7-year-old daughter Everly with her ex-husband, Channing Tatum. “Having a baby, a 7-year-old who goes back and forth through two homes [is hard],” Dewan explained. “We can’t control whether we’re gonna come in contact with COVID-19 necessarily, but we can control boosting our immune system to the level that we can. For me, I’m making sure I’m taking my supplements, getting as much rest and balance as I can.”
With reporting by Carly Sloane